Gamification consultant and expert Yu-kai Chou has recently launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund his new initiative: Octalysis Prime. The campaign reached its $ 15,000 goal in 12 hours and ended in just 9 days with the amazing mark of $ 51,529 funded by 370 backers.
Octalysis Prime will be a gamified learning community where Yu-kai Chou will share his research in Behavioural Science, Gamification, and Motivational Psychology. Members will have access to text and video content produced by Yu-kai where they will learn about the 8 Core Drives of the Octalysis framework while leveling up in the gamified platform:
- Core Drive 1: Epic Meaning & Calling
- Core Drive 2: Development & Accomplishment
- Core Drive 3: Empowerment of Creativity & Feedback
- Core Drive 4: Ownership & Possession
- Core Drive 5: Social Influence & Relatedness
- Core Drive 6: Scarcity & Impatience
- Core Drive 7: Unpredictability & Curiosity
- Core Drive 8: Loss & Avoidance
In Octalysis Prime, Yu-kai Chou will also share specific thoughts on how to apply the Octalysis framework to 8 life fields:
Yu-kai Chou is the founder and lead consultant of the Octalysis Group, creator of the Octalysis framework, and author of Actionable Gamification: Beyond Points, Badges, and Leaderboards. Octalysis Prime is scheduled to launch by the end of 2016.